STEPS TO LAUNCHING A COMMON CAUSE COMMUNITY
cccAlthough each Innovator who graduates from Hatchery LA earns a Master’s in Theological Studies, our goal is not to simply hand you a diploma. Our focus is on preparing you to launch a Common Cause Community within our Ministry Zone – a 30-minute drive time radius surrounding our campus. The traditional church, as we’ve known it, is fading from the landscape of our culture. That’s why we’re looking for Innovators who are passionate about planting a new kind of service-centric church that has:
- A “Common” journey in the way of Jesus.
- A “Cause” to rally around on a regular basis.
- A “Community” of people where relationships are nurtured.
These churches – or Common Cause Communities – will look more like a coffee shop, urban garden, or after school tutoring center, than a teaching-centric, weekend gathering.
ACCELERATION – Years Two & Three
- Launch your CCC with a kick-off event or gathering.
- Form a leadership team to help you continue launching your CCC.
- Assimilate newcomers into the community to encourage ownership.
- Inspire people to invite their friends to help with the cause.
- Continue developing relationships with stakeholders in your ministry context.
GRADUATION – End of Year Three
- Graduate with a Master’s in Theological Studies from United Theological Seminary.
DUPLICATION – Years Four Through Six
- Identify an apprentice to train and mentor with the vision of duplicating yourself as the leader.
- Prepare your leadership team for a season of leadership transition.
- Solidify strategic systems to support ongoing success.
- Begin to share leadership and responsibilities with your apprentice.
- Hand off the leadership of the CCC to the new leader.
INCUBATION – Year One
- Refine your “cause” to be contextually appropriate.
- Identify a local context in which your cause will be lived out (within a 30-minute drive of our campus).
- Develop a strategic launch plan for your Common Cause Community (CCC) with the support of a Hatchery mentor.
- Begin your campaign to raise the budget (as a non-profit under Hatchery LA) for the first year of your CCC.
- Connect with local stakeholders to understand the context and develop relationships.
- Establish relationships with people in the community who have a similar passion for your “cause.”
- Plan interest meetings for people to hear about your CCC.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HATCHERY LA
We’re the place where theological training meets social entrepreneurship. We’re holding the tension between the best of non-profits and the best of what church communities create. We are at the forefront of the transition from "teaching-centric" to "service-centric" communities of faith.